1. Is the job open to men and women?
Yes. We pride ourselves on gender diversity at OSTC, and as this is a remote working position, we feel it would be a fantastic opportunity for women who have previously been discouraged from the role by commuting to the city during unsociable hours.
2. Do I need a degree to apply?
No, at OSTC we believe that success is not just determined by your academic experience, it is dependent on your natural skill set, talent, competencies and willingness to learn. However, it is beneficial to have solid numeracy skills, be highly motivated to succeed and resilient.
3. Do I need to live in a specific region in India?
No you don’t. This role is open to anyone, anywhere in India. Our only requirements are the right kind of working environment and fast enough broadband speed as detailed in the questions below.
4. Do I have to live within a certain distance of the office?
No, but candidates are required to live within mainland India.
5. What minimum internet speed do you recommend?
15mbps is the minimum requirement with unlimited data contract and a consistent connection.
6. I don’t currently have a desk or office chair; will this be supplied?
No, you will be expected to organise these items yourself. For comfort and optimum productivity, we advise using furniture that matches the examples given in Question 7.
7. How much space will I need for a market analyst workstation?
Most office-based analysts work within the following size desk space: Width 160cm – Depth 60cm – Height 80cm, and use a chair that sits comfortably in comparison. We recommend a desk with space for 2x 21 inch screens, keyboard, mouse and an A4 notebook as a minimum, in an area without too much distraction.
8. Do I need to purchase additional screens or equipment?
Good question – no you won’t. But should analysts wish to purchase upgraded accessories such as a mouse or keyboard, they may. Although OSTC will provide all new market analysts with what is required when they start.
9. Who will set up my trading workstation?
You will be required to do this, however we will send full instructions on how to set up your own workstation. It is relatively easy, and our service desk will be available to support you throughout the set-up of your IT equipment and OSTC logins.
10. What communication channels will I use to stay in touch?
All new market analysts will have access to Microsoft Teams for instant messaging, audio and video calling and email. From time to time we will be using Zoom, especially during your initial training.
11. How will I stay in touch with my manager if I’m working remotely?
Using the call and chat function on Microsoft Teams is the best way to connect with your manager. Your manager may wish to keep your personal contact details for informal or urgent communication.
12. Will I be able to contact more experienced market analysts?
Yes, a buddy and mentoring program will be in place to share opportunity. All OSTC market analysts are on Teams and available to message.
13. Will I be able to meet people from the other teams such as HR in case I need their support?
Everyone can contact each department they need via email and will be followed up as soon as possible. If in doubt, your line manager will advise you on the process for support.
14. Will I be able to contact or meet colleagues in the same intake?
Yes, this will be encouraged to drive our collective excellence.
15. What are the working hours from home?
Once you start analysing live markets, the hours worked at home will depend on what markets you are analysing. You can expect longer working week days once you are analysing live markets, but the markets are closed on weekends. During your training expect to start around 12:30 and finish at 21:00. However, there may be some flexibility depending on how training is progressing. There may also be some after work study on occasion.
16. Will I have regular breaks throughout the day?
Certainly, this is important for your own wellbeing and will be factored into your training and encouraged by your managers when you start analysing live markets.
17. Will I receive any support on work-life balance while working remotely?
Yes, we have an excellent wellbeing manager at OSTC, and your managers will be able to advise on your balance. There are also frequent opportunities to be trained in mental health awareness, and OSTC has an externally provided employee assistance programme that can help with any challenges you have either professionally or personally.